Telecom Wireless News
Discuss Telecom job opportunity for RF Performance Engineer on 3G Wireless Jobs Forums
Posted - 24/03/2011
RF Performance Engineer
||Title GS CARE- RF Performance Engineer- Redmond (1)
Position Description RF Engineer (contractor) for CARE operations is required to perform advanced technical activities requiring knowledge in multiple areas in 2G & 3G to service the customer.
Main Responsibility Area
Solving demanding Technical / RF Performance problems in GSM / EDGE / UMTS networks. Coordinating & communicating with other teams and stake holders in NSN to resolve technical issues. Delivering FOA/ SOA reports, performance monitoring, and working with other stake holders to get software hardware acceptance. Should meet customer demands and act as an expert in technology area.
Required Competencies and Skills RF planning, dimensioning and optimization, Transport optimization, trouble shooting.
Radio Planning and Optimization of 2G/3G network to trouble shoot and improve KPIs
Analysis of KPIs, investigation and improvement of network quality problems
Implementation of new RAN features, and tuning of RAN database parameters
Analysis of neighbors relations and implementation of corrections
Frequency planning with planning tools, Model Tuning. Understanding RF issues.
Optimization and trouble shooting of data services (2.5G, 3G, HSPA, IHSPA)
Customer problem investigation, trouble shooting. Working on Resolve tool.
Act as TA, TCP for trouble tickets and meet the CARE SLAs, acting on the responses, deliverables, and resolutions as per the CARE TT time lines.
Interaction with Customer technical teams, to provide network design and performance related inputs. Prioritizing work based on customer impact.
Act independently to deliver FOA / SOA reports and interact with customer teams to get GA.
Provides support to clients and/or customers in resolving Transport / IP related issues.
Operates in compliance with the processes, methods and tools linked to the job and possesses service excellence awareness
Education & Experience or Other Requirements BS Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication or equivalent
Typically 3+ years related experience in RF Planning, Optimization, KPI monitoring and trouble shooting for GSM/EDGE/UMTS Networks.
- Working knowledge of NSN RAN Product (2 Years)
- Good Knowledge and practice of 2G/ 3G RF planning and optimization processes, counters and KPIs.
- Good Knowledge Trouble shooting network performance issues, Planning tool and DT measurement tools
- Good knowledge of 2G/3G KPI, practice in creating and analysis of statistical KPI reporting
- Knowledge of Transport / IP counters, KPIs and optimization experience
- Fluent presentation and technical skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Expert in MS Excel, Power point and word
- Knowledge of macros and scripts.
- Packet core performance knowledge desirable.
- Able to travel as needed.
||Job: RF Performance Engineer USA, Redmond, WA , North America, T-Mobile USA, category: RF Engineer Jobs
|Candidates suitable for this job:
One click Twitter Jobs posting